Welcome to the PTFA section.
About the PTFA
The aim of the PTFA (Parents/Teachers/Friends Association) is to enhance pupils’ time at the school. We do this predominantly by raising funds to provide extra resources, equipment or other projects that are not covered by the school's LEA funding.
We are a registered charity and as such all money raised is funnelled back into the whole school (Vicarage Road, Manstone Avenue and Woolbrook Road) to benefit your children.
The current committee team are:
- Chair - Tash Morgan
- Treasurer - Lisa Hay
- Secretary - Sam Ward
- Grants Co-ordinator - Vicki Taylor
- Vice Chair - Emma Gingell
- ... and a few other members and volunteers!
If you would like to help out we’d love to hear from you! The committee is always looking for new helpers and committee members, so please feel free to come along to our next meeting and get involved.
Over the years the PTFA has provided funds for many projects. More recent ones include:
- New outdoor wooden play equipment at Woolbrook Road
- Christmas panto
- Leavers books
- Summer treats for children
- Christmas trees and presents
- Arranging Father Christmas visit
- School club equipment
- Sensory equipment
- Mini bus contribution
We have been raising money to fund the development of a new of pond and amphitheatre area to the South of the Woolbrook Road site. This will create a fantastic outside learning space as well as a place for outdoor performances.
We are also providing funds to the school for the creation of new raised planting beds and new surfacing to improve the outside area at the front of Woolbrook Road site.
Why get involved?
There are some great reasons to join the PTFA:
- Have a further insight into what’s going on at the school
- You get to put forward your ideas for fundraising
- It’s a great way to get to know other parents
- Your children get to see how involved you are in the future of their school
- You can put in as much time as you want (a small one-off project or a committee role – it all adds value and we know how busy lives can be)
- Make a few new friends and have a laugh!
You’d be amazed at what skills and hobbies we can make use of:
- Maybe you have lots of ideas and can help us plan future events
- Or perhaps you have a generous contacts list who can help with prizes
- Bring some creativity or IT skills for our posters and communications
- Perhaps you know how to cook or bake which is always useful for bake sales and fete BBQs
- Are you just really good at organising paperwork and storage and could keep everything a bit tidier!
- Perhaps social media is your thing and you could help us get more likes and followers
- Good at public speaking? You could MC at our next quiz night
- Maybe you have a van and could help us transport things for events?
We know that PTAs can have a stigma of being full of “jobs-worths” but rest assured we are all friendly and just trying to help the school to be as brilliant as it can be (whilst having some fun along the way!!)
Our pages on Facebook and Instagram are a great way to keep up to date with what is going on.
If you are on Facebook or Instagram, why not ‘Like’ or ‘Follow’ our pages then you can get reminders and updates of what is going on!
If you do think you can help us, or just want to see what’s involved then please drop us an email: email@example.com